Monday, October 29, 2007

So....um, kind of forgot we had a blog

It's been a while!
Alright- we'll here's the updates.....

Phillip got through another tax season! He enjoyed going to Baltimore a couple months ago for a seminar. He's now on the "down time". He's still showing me up- going to the gym everyday keeping himself fit.

I'm still doing photography on the side. I also received a new calling in the Relief Society- the 2nd counselor. Cool- I think I went to maybe three enrichment activities in my life and now I'm over them. I have no idea what I'm doing. Phillip and I enjoyed going to our first rock concert (well he had been to one, but this was my first). We saw MUSE...totally awesome, we had so much fun.

Brianna is doing well in preschool. She turned four on July 9th. She was asked to do a little solo with another girl for the primary program in our ward. Apparently she's one of the loud singers in primary! She loved it- and did such a cute job. She also has started doing dance- she's in a ballet and tap combo class. She's getting so big I forget that she's not 2 anymore. She is always saying things that make us laugh- for example the other day I couldn't find her church shoes and so I made her wear her crocs. She said, "But Mom, I can't wear these! They are going to ruin my look!" She also is started to read a few words. She's so smart!

Audrey is now in dance class. Well, I don't know if you can call it dance- they more just pretend to be different animals and run around the room (it's for 2 year olds). She loves it. She's now insists on sleeping in Brianna's bed. They are connected at the hip. She loves dancing to music and coloring-on paper sometimes, but mostly on herself. She loves her baby dolls and princesses! She's quite vocal- she knows what she wants. I can't believe she'll be three in January!

Quinn is Quinn (he's now 18 months)! He's got his own timetable. We were able to finally get the kids insured so we went ahead and did a follow-up MRI from the CT scan we got a while back. The CT scan showed a decrease in myelin (which is in the brain). The MRI said the same thing. So we went to a pediatric neurologist and it was nice to talk to someone who had some experience with this kind of stuff! We are doing some tests to rule out a leukodystrophy and will get another MRI in 4-5 months. The doctor said we might not get a diagnosis, and with his experience big heads (as big as Quinn's) aren't better. For some reason the brain doesn't function correctly. But, time will tell what the future holds for Quinn! Until then we are continuing to do physical therapy. He has low muscle tone- he gets around by rolling! In the process of getting him some supports for his feet and ankles to see if we can get him to support himself on his feet. We are on the waiting list for speech therapy (even though he doesn't talk yet-they said it can be helpful!), so that is also on the to-do list. On the road to find what ways to help him....He's our happy content little guy who is a special part of the family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home