Friday, December 15, 2006

Sleep and Other Stuff- Thrilling I Know

Well not much has happened this past week. I finished the Christmas shopping for the kids. I have definitely learned a lot this year regarding the art of shopping. This was somewhat the "first" year that I have done Christmas shopping for the family... I went out the day after Thanksgiving..crazy. I looked around seeing things that "I would think about". Total moron. Everything is gone now (and was gone a week ago). Should have just got it and if by chance changed my mind I could have returned it. Well because of this Phillip isn't going to get the one thing he's been asking for I don't know how long- I guess your birthday honey. Sorry.


Well moving on- the kids are finally getting better. Phil and I were about to go totally crazy from lack of sleep. Quinn's cough is getting better and that means he's sleeping again. Audrey has had somewhat of a hard time transitioning to the big girl bed. I had to start a sticker chart with her - she gets one every time she sleeps in her bed ALL night. She was getting the nasty habit of waking up and playing. I would go in there to see that all the dresser drawers were emptied out with her naked in the middle of the room with a inside out bathing suit around her ankles. She's talking a lot more- just the other afternoon she said "mommy, I'm tired". She then went and laid down and fell asleep! If only everyday.... sleep time usually entails me sitting in the rocking chair singing songs until she falls asleep.


Brianna is constantly cracking us up with insanely adorable sayings. My mom says I should write them down or I'll forget. Well here are just a few- a couple of nights ago and was thinking about making cookies. I went to the cabinet with the baking goods and right away Brianna said "what are you making mommy?". I told her I wasn't sure if I was going to make cookies and if I was I needed to find a recipe. "Can I help you?" (her favorite question now). "I don't think so. Can you read?" She then said that she could read. "Really? What does this say?" I pointed to some writing on the computer monitor. She then ran her finger across the words saying with confidence "Mommy has to make cookies". And then today after correctly answering a question I told her she was right, she then said "thank you mommy for telling me I was right, that makes me happy." Amen sister!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home